Last updated: January 20, 2020
INVESTMENT GROUP SERVICES LTD (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Big Online Deal website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Typically, we will collect, store and process information about you if you use our websites to view or buy products or if you voluntarily provide us with such information, for example when you subscribe to our mailing list, enrol in our loyalty programme, enter a promotion or competition, contribute content about yourself to our websites, whether by direct upload, posting such content to one of our social media pages or by using a hashtag or other identifier that we use to integrate social media content with our websites, or if you apply for a job or take part in inquiries or surveys. This information will be processed by electronic means and includes:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and address;
- login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- personal details including gender and date of birth;
- we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- payment or credit card information;
- personal preferences including your marketing and cookie preference;
- content you may provide via a form on our websites;
- your image and any personal information that you include in content that you contribute to our websites (such as comments, photos and videos) as well as the name of the social media account from which you contribute that information; and
- other personal information you provide to us on our websites, via mobile apps, on feedback forms, in our stores or when you interact with us in other ways, both online and offline.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Our website collects certain information by automated means when you visit us. You can learn more about this activity by visiting our Cookies Policy.
Subject to applicable law, we may collect, use, disclose or otherwise handle your information in pursuit of our legitimate business interests while maintaining appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the information. These interests include to:
- enable the use of and make improvements to our websites;
- send direct marketing materials to you if you have agreed for us to do so;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business and websites;
- manage customer, supplier and vendor relationships;
- enrol you in and administer our loyalty and other rewards programs upon your request;
- improve merchandise selections and customer service;
- identify your product and service preferences;
- notify you about new products, services, features, promotions, events and special offerings relating to INVESTMENT GROUP SERVICES LTD that we think you will find valuable; and
- administer your participation in promotions, contests and sweepstake’s.
Where we have a contract with you, we process your personal information as necessary for performance of the contract. This includes to:
- process business transactions and related activities; and
- supply our goods and services.
We also may use the personal information we collect to protect us against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities and to comply with or enforce applicable legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards, and our policies and terms. We use personal information for these purposes when it is necessary to protect, exercise or defend our legal rights, or when we are required to do so by a law that applies to us. This includes to:
- verify your identity in certain instances (such as when you return merchandise or request a refund);
- meet any legal and regulatory requirements; and
- secure our operations and protect against, identify and help prevent fraud, unauthorised activity, claims and other liabilities and minimise risk.
If we plan to use the personal information that you provide to us for other purposes beyond those described above, we will provide you with information about that processing at the time of collection.
We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. We use third parties to host our websites or mobile apps, operate certain of its features, send e-mails, print or send mailings, run our sweepstake’s, contests or other promotions, conduct customer research, authorise and process your payments, manage and analyse data and our advertising effectiveness, provide customer support, manage customer claims, prevent fraud, protect our assets and data, and fulfil orders. These third parties are not authorised by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Any personal information shared with such third parties is protected as described below.
Subject to applicable law, we may also share the personal information we obtain with our affiliates, subsidiaries and other group companies for the purposes described in the prior paragraph. If we share your personal information with such entities, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is in place to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
We also may disclose information about you: (1) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena) including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights; or (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, dissolution or liquidation), but only where we have first taken reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of your information.
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. However, we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of these safeguards, and nothing in this notice shall be construed as an express or implied warranty against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Service providers who might have access to your information in order to provide services on our behalf will be contractually obliged to keep such information in confidence, implement adequate data security measures, and may not use that data for any other purpose.
Our websites may contain links to other third party websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked website or applications. We are not responsible for the content, use or privacy practices of any website or applications that are not affiliated with us.
We may transfer to and store the information we collect about you in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected, including the United States and other destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in accordance with applicable law. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect the information as described in this Privacy Statement and comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of information to countries outside the EEA. This includes by entering into the European Commission’s EU Standard Contractual Clauses with the data recipients, ensuring that the data recipient has certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, or ensuring that the data recipient has implemented Binding Corporate Rules. To obtain a copy of the safeguards we have put in place, please contact us as indicated below.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Subject to applicable law, you may have certain rights with respect to our processing of your information. You have the right to request access to the information we hold about you, obtain confirmation as to whether or not information concerning you exists, be informed of the content and source of such information and check its accuracy. In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to correct, update, erase, restrict, or object to the use of, your information held by us.
Also subject to applicable law, you have the right to receive a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format, including a right to have that personal information transmitted to another organisation.
If you change your mind and no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by email or otherwise, to you. You can do this by:
- checking the applicable box(es) on any form we may use to collect information from you;
- clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of our marketing e-mails; or
- otherwise requesting that we do not process your information for marketing purposes.
You can withdraw any consent given to us at any time and free of charge, but you may no longer be able to benefit from our services if you do so.
To exercise these rights or to make a complaint or submit an inquiry about our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Data Protection OfficerINVESTMENT GROUP SERVICES LTD
13 Cloister Road
You also may lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country if you are not satisfied with our response.