From the manufacturer
GRAND CANYON Indiana
The Indiana is an extremely reliable, roomy and light group tent for up to eight people.
The traditional, but here interpreted in a modern way, tepee structure with only one central pole can be pitched very quickly. This proven design offers reliable protection also in very bad weather.
The Indiana will withstand storms and rain and is suitable for tent camps as well as challenging and longer tours, where weight is not a problem, but reliability and lots of space are a requirement. A lot of people can be accommodated here.
Features: Raised floor tray, zip closure on the outer tent, mosquito nets on the interior tent and on the ventilation panels, three ventilation panels to the side of the outer tent, one ventilation panel in the roof, taped seams, reinforced seams on areas of heavy usage, additional guy ropes; roomy; standing height, very easy and fast to pitch.
- Persons: 8
- Design: Traditional tepee design
- External material: Fast-drying polyester (water column 3000 mm)
- Floor material: polyethylene
- Poles: Steel
- Tent pegs: Steel
- Dimensions: 4 m diameter, 2.50 m height
- Pack size: 72 x 26 cm
- Total weight: approx. 9,830 g
The Indiana is a group tent with space for up to eight people and their luggage.
Three semi-circular mosquito ventilation panels at floor height make it possible to see outside and provide a lot of fresh air in the tent together with the roof ventilation panel. If necessary these ventilation flaps can be closed.
In the Indiana you can move about comfortably thanks to a height of 250 cm in the middle of the tent.
The Indiana has a gable-shaped entrance with a small awning. The zip is covered so that no rain water can penetrate through the zip. The door can be rolled up to the side and fastened when open.
An additional mosquito net in the entrance area lets fresh air in if required, but at the same time reliably prevents insects entering.
The robust polyester fabric is waterproof with a water column of 3000 mm and can also withstand strong winds and persistent rain showers.
The floor tray which is securely stitched provides protection against the penetration of moisture and insects from underneath.
When secured with the various anchoring options, the Indiana is very sturdy and robust during storms and bad weather.
Material and workmanship
Poles: The pitching pole is made of steel. It guarantees reliable stability even in a strong wind.
Fabric: The robust, fast-drying polyester fabric is waterproof with a water column of 3000 mm and can also withstand strong winds and persistent rain showers.
Floor: polyethylene – the raised and firmly stitched floor tray provides reliable protection against the penetration of moisture and insects.
Tent pegs: Steel – very sturdy pegs to anchor the tent firmly to the ground.
Mosquito net: A large mosquito net in the entrance and mosquito inserts in the four ventilation gaps to the side and in the roof of the tent provide lots of fresh air and also optimal protection against insects.
Seams: The seams, which additionally taped and reinforced at the areas of heavy usage, prevent water penetrating and the guy ropes or fabric tearing or snapping.
All these high quality and cleanly processed materials can also withstand heavy usage.
Proven tepee design.
Single-walled tent – this design reduces the weight.
Layout: One large room.
Sleeping options for up to eight people.
– Sturdy and very reliable accommodation for tent camps or a longer tour with several people. Despite wind and weather, it offers an extra amount of space for up to 8 people with luggage
– High quality materials, careful workmanship and high functionality – the INDIANA satisfies very high requirements and is suitable for longer stays and lots of people
– In relation to the number of people accommodated – small pack size, low weight
– Waterproof fabric – water column 3000, taped and reinforced seams, stable steel poles, steel tent pegs, mosquito nets
– Individual packing bags for tent pegs, tent poles and the entire tent!
Scope of delivery
– Tent (including poles, tent pegs)
– Guy ropes
– Separate pack sacks for tent pegs, poles and the entire tent
Tips & tricks
The Richmond is easy-care!
– Air the tent after every use and let it dry before you pack it away. If the weather makes this impossible, remove it from the pack sack as soon as possible and dry thoroughly. This will prevent mildew stains, mould, discolouration or odours and will maintain its functionality.
– Small stains can be wiped off carefully with a damp cloth. Do not use any harsh cleaning products and do not rub too aggressively on the fabric otherwise you might damage the waterproofing
– Zips can be sprayed with silicon so they are easier to move if applicable
– Use the sturdy, separate pack bags for the poles and the tent pegs. This will protect the sensitive tent fabric from damage if you store the entire tent accessories in the large pack sack
Thanks to the very small pack size, the tent can easily be stored in a small item of luggage and at home. Please ensure that the tent is packed away when it is dry and store it in a clean, dry place.
Construction / dismantling
Choose your tent pitch carefully. Sharp stones can damage the fabric. A ground sheet will protect the floor from damage and dirt. Avoid erecting the tent in a hollow. Rain water can collect there, which could penetrate into the tent in the worst case scenario.
If there is a strong wind, you should fasten the tent with additional ropes. This will distribute the tensile load and protect the seams.
It is easy to pitch and provides secure shelter for the night:
– Pull the tent carefully out of the pack sack and spread it out
– Then push the tent poles that have been inserted into each other through the hooks envisaged for this and the upper pole stirrup and push the ends of the poles into the eyelets on the floor
– Fix the corner points of the tent floor with the tent pegs supplied
– Throw over the external tent and also fasten it down with tent pegs
– Now pull the tent apart with the guy ropes and fasten it to the floor with more tent pegs
GRAND CANYON tents
Whether for camping, outdoors, a festival or in the garden – the reliable, weather-resistant tents from GRAND CANYON stand out through their workmanship, high quality materials and high functionality and this ensures a restful night.
The area of use ranges from models for the beach and garden to trekking tents right up to camping tents for a comfortable holiday with the whole family.
GRAND CANYON – More than camping
The expanses of the GRAND CANYON are extreme. In these challenging regions you really need to be able to trust your equipment.
It is precisely for this reason that we named our family camping range after the GRAND CANYON.
The GRAND CANYON range provides you with the necessary protection paired with comfort and a lot of practical details.
GRAND CANYON – this is adventure family camping.
GRAND CANYON is a member of the BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative), whose aim is to continually improve the social benefits and responsibilities of suppliers. The BSCI code of conduct is based on internationally recognised standards and in accordance with SA8000 protects the interests and rights of employees worldwide.